发布：2020-09-18 11:19:51 点击：
1. Professor Smith and Professor Brown will _____ in giving the class lectures.
A. exchange B. alter
C. shift D. alternate
2. Pack the cake in a strong box, or it might get _____ in the post.
A. splashed B. spilt
C. crushed D. crashed
3. The thief _____ the papers all over the room while he was searching.
A. abandoned B. vanished
C. scattered D. deserted
4. Today, housework has been made much easier by electrical _____.
A. facilities B. appliances
C. instruments D. equipment
5. The _____ of the trees in the water was very clear.
A. mirror B. sight
C. reflection D. shadow
6. One _____ needed when making a cake is flour; another is sugar.
A. container B. ingredient
C. content D. equivalent
7. They have been waiting for many hours to see the singer, but the airplane must have been _____.
A. behind the times
B. behind schedule
C. ahead of time
D. in no time
8. Neither of them thought highly of him and they both tried to _____ him in his work.
A. hamper B. support
C. assist D. encourage
9. Her display of bad temper completely _____ the party.
A. harmed B. damaged
C. spoilt D. hurt
10. We forgave his bad temper because we knew that his son's illness had put him under great _____.
A. emotion B. excitement
C. crisis D. stress
11. The reference she made to her friend, the poet, was interesting but too _____ for anyone to appreciate.
A. drastic B. dull
C. obscure D. distinct
12. He _____ his engagement just before the wedding.
A. broke out B. broke away from
C. broke off D. broke up
13. When she heard from the hospital that her father had died, she _____ into tears.
A. burst B. went
C. exploded D. fell
14. Your help is _____ for the success of the project.
15. _____ the English examination I would have gone to the concert last Sunday.
A. In spite of B. But for
C. Because of D. As for